Wednesday, February 3, 2021

tOdaY

 i am not sure why, though today has put me back in time.  i have been singing at the top of my lungs, reminiscing through photos and shedding some happy tears.


i have been taken back by a song that reminds me of a beloved friend whom we lost over 10 years ago.  i sang in my car at the top of my lungs and cried.  knowing how much he has missed these last 10 years.  wishing so badly he was here among us.  i smiled looked up at the sky and knew that he was with me, he was watching me and loving me through that song.  i felt at that moment all was well with him.


my heart being already so vulnerable that it brought me back to jamaica and the vows i took there with my soulmate.  i looked through pictures, watched videos and sang our wedding songs.  that day...was one of the BEST days of my life!!  i am so blessed to have this man love me unconditionally and with his entire being.  i am the luckiest girl to be honored with his last name and be his wife.  we've come along way to find each other and i will always be his "love song".

do you ever find yourself in just a mood of flooding emotions??  it's not a bad thing.  for me, i think it was much needed.  i needed to be reminded that this is MY life and it truly is a good life!  the good, the bad and the ugly got me to where i am tOdaY and it is a good day.


i truly had to learn that every path i chose, every step i took, ever heartache and trial was either a lesson or a blessing.  that only an arrow can be shot forward by pulling it backwards. so when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something GREAT so focus & keep aiming.


"we must be willing to let go of the life we planned 

so as to have the life that is waiting for us." 

~e. m. forester

No comments: