Wednesday, March 12, 2008

am i aLive?...

Don't ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive.
~Harold Whitman
this really hit me as i stumbled onto it. i need to really think about what makes mE come alive. what makes me wake up every morning? what makes me work hard every day? what makes me go, go, go for all of my kiddos activities? what makes me a good mom, friend, person? what is my passion for life? what makes me come aLive? these are all very good questions that we could ask ourselves. how can we contribute to the world if we our self are not aLive! just a quote for thought... good night!

2 comments:

suellen said...

Don't change this song for a long time...I love it! It is the inspiration for your words and gives them the extra punch. OK, OK... I know there are a lot of good songs out there to go with your writings so you decide. I just got caught up in the excitement of the moment. See you soon and I love you, baby!

Anonymous said...

This was a very touching post. I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog.

Cookie Sunshine
http://www.cookiesunshine.com