Wednesday, May 14, 2014

how are you today?

today i am struggling.

i know it's been awhile since i have blogged.
a lot has been going on in my life since my aunt went home to heaven.
i find the days  and nights difficult.
i know this will take time...i know this, but it's hard.

i do believe i AM a giver.
that no matter what is going on with my life, i take the time for others.
i have been taking this class soul restoration from the brave girls club.
it has made me REALLY dig into my soul.
into my ENTIRE soul...
the good.
the bad.
the ugly.
the sad.
the happy.
the scared.
the funny.
the confused.
it's been really hard for me to allow myself to stir up these emotions.
after doing so...i am to see them for what they are and then move forward.
to not allow my past to hold me back anymore.

have you done this?
i tell you...
it is very HARD!

i realized that for most of my life i have been...
afraid
ashamed
scared
misunderstood
unloved
in pain
lost loved ones
lonely
mistreated
depressed
lost friends
been alone
misused
judged
angry
abandoned.

i know at times being alone is ok but feeling really alone is down right scary!
i know that NO ONE can make me happy.
i know that things won't make me happy.
i know that without loving myself FIRST...
i CAN'T be happy.
i won't feel loved!

have you ever thought about what it is that holds you back?

what holds you back of truly being happy?

what is it that makes you sad or feel alone?


"be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle".
~author unknown

thanks for stopping by. 
i do love you, ALL of you!!!
{{hugs}}
connie

No comments: