Tuesday, July 13, 2010

{lovely}

i heard this song the other day while i was in the shower. i immediately had to get out and find out who was singing it.
i LOVE the lyrics and thought to myself...
yep, i AM lovely!!
so are all of you out there.
remember don't change for someone else.
you will NEVER be happy.
you will NEVER have peace.
you will NEVER be {YOU} !!
i am learning everyday to be just ME and to be ok with myself.
as for me, the rest is still unwritten...
eNjoY...

LOVELY
(Sara Haze)

I don't wanna be her
I just wanna be little old me
I shouldn't have to think
Who am I supposed to be today
And what gave you the right
To tell me who I should be
Who gave you that right
Cuz, I feel LOVELY just the way that I am
Yes, I feel LOVELY the way that I am

I know you want the best
Yeah only good things for me
But you have to realize
I can't be all these things you project on me

Cuz I'm beautiful to me
Doesn't that mean a thing?

I feel LOVELY just the way that I am
Yes I, I feel LOVELY the way that I am

I need that to be enough for you
I need that to be enough for you
Cuz it's enough for me
It's enough for me

Am I supposed to give up everything I am
Just to make you happy?
I thought I was the one you always wanted me to be
It turns out
I'm just little old me
I'm just little old me
And that's fine by me

Cuz I, I am LOVELY just the way that I am
Oh yes I am
Yes I, I am LOVELY the way that I am

I am LOVELY, LOVELY
I am LOVELY !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a fun song! Our blog posts kind of went together, huh? What a darling picture of you!